Notice for California Residents
If you are a California resident, please see the section below titled Additional Information for California Residents.
The Information We Collect
We collect information directly from individuals, from third parties, and automatically through the Question Basket Platform.
Account and Profile Information: When you create an account and profile on the Question Basket Platform, we collect your name, contact information, demographic information, and other information you provide, such as topics that you know about or find interesting. Your name, photo, and any other information that you choose to add to your public-facing profile will be available for viewing by the public and other users of the Question Basket Platform. Once you create a profile, others will be able to see in your profile certain information about your activity on the Question Basket Platform, such as the questions and answers you post, your followers and who you follow, topics of interest to you, the information you list as credentials, and your edits to your content. For more information about your choices for publicly displayed information, see the section below about Your Choices.
Your Content: We collect the information and content that you post to the Question Basket Platform, including your questions, answers, photos, and comments. Unless you have posted certain content anonymously, your content, date and time stamps, and all associated comments are publicly viewable on the Question Basket Platform, along with your name. This also may be indexed by search engines and be republished elsewhere on the Internet in accordance with our Terms of Service. For more information about what you can change, see the below section on Your Choices.
Communications. When you communicate with us (via email, through the Question Basket Platform, or otherwise), we may maintain a record of your communication.
Integrated Service Provider and Linked Networks. You can connect your existing Question Basket account with certain third-party networks like Twitter or Google, for example (each a “Linked Network”). You can also elect to sign in or sign up to the Question Basket Platform through a Linked Network. If you elect to sign up through or connect a Linked Network, we receive certain profile and account information about you from the Linked Network. These Linked Networks may also appear in your profile, so that people can find you on these Linked Networks. The specific information provided to us by Linked Networks is determined by you and such Linked Networks, and may vary by network. In all cases, the permissions page for the Linked Network will describe the information being shared. You should consult their respective privacy policies for information about their practices. You may elect to use information from the Linked Network to populate your profile on the Question Basket Platform or to import your contacts to help you find and connect with them on the Question Basket Platform or to invite them to join. For information on your choices, including how to disconnect a Linked Network from your Question Basket profile, see the Your Choices section below. You may also elect to connect and make and receive payments to and from use through third-party networks (“Integrated Service Provider”); if you do so, you will be allowing us to pass to and receive from the Integrated Service Provider your login information and other user data for payment purposes.
Engagement. We collect browsing information – such as IP address and location, date and time stamp, user agent, Question Basket cookie ID (if applicable), URL, unique advertising or content identifiers (if applicable) and time zone, and other information about user activities on the Question Basket Platform, as well as on third-party sites and services that have embedded our Question Basket pixels (“Pixels”), widgets, plug-ins, buttons, or related services. See the section below about Question Basket Ads and Personalization for more detailed information about how our Pixels may be used by publishers or users of our advertising services (“Ad Services”) on the Question Basket Platform to enable personalization, as well as your choices related to advertising and personalization. We may also receive information about you from third parties, such as other users, partners (including ad partners), or our affiliated companies.
How We Use Your Information
We do not sell your personal information – such as your name and contact information – to third parties to use for their own marketing purposes. Question Basket uses the information we collect for the following purposes:
- Provide our Services. To provide you the services we offer on the Question Basket Platform and make the Question Basket Platform available to the public, communicate with you about your use of the Question Basket Platform, respond to your inquiries, provide troubleshooting, and for other customer service purposes.
- Personalization. To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you in the Question Basket Platform, to suggest followers and content, to help others find your profile, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Question Basket Platform.
- Advertising. To display interest-based advertising to you in the Question Basket Platform, to improve our advertising and measurement systems so we can show you relevant ads, to pre-fill forms in ads, and to measure the effectiveness and reach of ads and services. For more information, see the Ad Services section below about Question Basket Ads and Personalization.
- Marketing and Promotions. For marketing and promotional purposes, such as to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you, including information about third-party products and services.
- Analytics. To gather metrics to better understand how users access and use the Question Basket Platform; to evaluate and improve the Question Basket Platform, including the Ad Services and personalization, and to develop new products and services.
- Comply with Law. To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
How We Share Your Information
We share information as set forth below, and where individuals have otherwise consented:
Service Providers. We may share your information with third-party service providers who use this information to perform services for us, such as payment processors, hosting providers, auditors, advisors, consultants, customer service and support providers, as well as those who assist us in providing the Ad Services.
Legally Required. We may disclose your information if we are required to do so by law.
Protection of Rights. We may disclose information where we believe it necessary to respond to claims asserted against us or, comply with legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants), enforce or administer our agreements and terms, for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, and protect the rights, property or safety of Question Basket , its users, or others.
Your Content and Public Information. Your content, including your name, profile picture, profile information, and certain associated activity information is available to other users of the Question Basket Platform and may also be viewed publicly. Public viewing includes availability to non-registered visitors and can occur when users share your content across other sites or services. In addition, your content may be indexed by search engines. In some cases, we may charge for access to your content and public information on the Question Basket Platform. See the section below about Your Choices for information about how you may change how certain information is shared or viewed by others.
Metrics. We may share with our advertisers or publishers aggregate statistics, metrics and other reports about the performance of their ads or content in the Question Basket Platform such as the number of unique user views, demographics about the users who saw their ads or content, conversion rates, and date and time information. We do not share IP addresses or personal information, but certain features may allow you to share your personal information with advertisers on our platform if you choose to do so. We may also allow our advertisers or publishers to use Pixels on the Question Basket Platform in order to collect information about the performance of their ads or content.
Anonymized and Aggregated Data. We may share aggregated or de-identified information with third parties for research, marketing, analytics and other purposes, provided such information does not identify a particular individual.
As Directed by You. We may also share data as otherwise directed by you (for example, to fulfill a transaction).
Cookies, Pixels and Tracking
- Cookies. These are small files with a unique identifier that are transferred to your browser through our websites. They allow us to remember users who are logged in, to understand how users navigate through and use the Question Basket Platform, and to display personalized content and targeted ads (including on third-party sites and applications).
- Pixels, web beacons, clear GIFs. These are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, which we use to track the online movements of users of the Question Basket Platform and the web pages of users of our Ad Services, and to personalize content. We also use these in our emails to let us know when they have been opened or forwarded, so we can gauge the effectiveness of our communications.
- Analytics Tools. We may use internal and third-party analytics tools, including Google Analytics. The third-party analytics companies we work with may combine the information collected with other information they have independently collected from other websites and/or other online products and services. Their collection and use of information is subject to their own privacy policies.
Do-Not-Track Signals. Please note we do not change system behavior within the Question Basket Platform in response to browser requests not to be tracked. You may, however, disable certain tracking by third parties as discussed in the Question Basket Ads and Personalization section below. You may also opt out of tracking by Question Basket Pixels, as described below in Question Basket Ads and Personalization.
Third-Party Ads on Question Basket
In addition to opting out of tracking across sites by our Pixels (see Your Choices section below), you also may opt out of much interest-based advertising on third-party sites and through third-party ad networks (including Facebook Audience Network and Google AdSense). See Your Choices section below for more information about opting out of third-party ad networks.
How We Protect Your Information
The security of your information is important to us. Question Basket has implemented safeguards to protect the information we collect. However, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe, such as choosing a strong password and keeping it private, as well as logging out of your user account, and closing your web browser when finished using the Question Basket Platform on a shared or unsecured device.
Access and Amend Your Information
You may update or correct your account information at any time by logging in to your account. You may also make a number of other adjustments to settings or the display of information about you as described in more detail in the following section about Your Choices.
You may, of course, decline to submit information through the Question Basket Platform, in which case we may not be able to provide certain services to you. You may also control the types of notifications and communications we send, limit the information shared within the Question Basket Platform about you, and otherwise amend certain privacy settings. Here is some further information about some of your choices:
Anonymous Posts. You may post certain content anonymously, including questions and answers. In such event, your name is not displayed along with the content, and Question Basket does not associate such content with your user ID and other profile data.
Your Content. You may edit or delete the answers that you post at any time. Any questions you have posted may remain on the Question Basket Platform and be edited by other users. Any deleted content will be removed from third-party sites from which it has been shared via Question Basket ’s standard sharing features; however we have no control over deletions or changes to your content if it has been shared manually by others. When you make edits to your content, other users will be able to see the history of those edits in your profile activity and on content edit logs.
Adult Content. In your profile’s privacy settings, you can elect whether to receive adult content.
Emails and Notifications. When you join the Question Basket Platform by signing up for an account or creating a profile, as part of the service, you will receive email digests containing content from the Question Basket Platform that we believe may match your interests. You may also receive notices about other content from the Question Basket Platform that may be of interest to you, such as Spaces that you follow or that match your interests. In addition, users may be able to send communications and invites to their imported contacts through their Question Basket account, by email, text, or phone. You can manage all your email and notice preferences in your account profile settings, under your Emails and Notifications settings. If you opt out of receiving emails or other notifications about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you transactional emails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
Third parties may comment on your postings within the Question Basket Platform. In your profile, under your Privacy Settings, you can adjust whether to allow people to comment on your answers and posts. You can also adjust permissions about who you allow to send you messages on the Question Basket Platform.
Followers. You can block the ability of another Question Basket user to follow you by selecting the setting for this in the other user’s profile. You can change whether or not you follow other users.
Profile discoverability. You can adjust your settings to block others from discovering your account by searching for your name or using your contact information, including when another user imports their contacts from a third-party service.
Topics and Spaces. You can change topics and Spaces that you are affiliated within your profile.
Credentials. You can change your credentials that are displayed in your profile or in connection with a specific answer.
Indexed Search. In your privacy settings, you can control whether your profile and name is indexed by search engines. Changes to privacy settings may only apply on a going-forward basis; for example, your name (e.g., answers and profile) that has already been indexed by search engines may remain indexed for a period of time even after you have turned off indexing, as implementing this change is outside of our control.
Deleted or Deactivated Account. If you choose “Delete Account” in your profile’s “Privacy Settings,” then all of your content will be removed from public visibility on the Question Basket Platform, and it may not be restored by us, even if you change your mind. If you choose “Deactivate Account,” then you will no longer receive any communications from us, and users will not be able to interact with you; however your content will remain on the Question Basket Platform. Once you deactivate your account, you can reactivate it any time by choosing to log in.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the relevant age without parental consent, we take steps to delete that information.
Links to Other Websites
Additional Information for California Residents
This section provides information organized in accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) for residents of California about how we handle certain personal information we have collected over the past 12 months.
- Collect. The section above entitled The Information We Collect discloses the categories of personal information that we collect, which include your account and profile information, your content, your communications with us, your information you provide from linked networks, information about your activity on Question Basket , and how you engage with our Question Basket .
- Use. The section above entitled How We Use Your Information discloses the that the categories of personal information we collect are used to provide our services, for personalization, to provide advertising in order to generate income to operate Question Basket , to promote our services to you, to analyze how our services are used, to comply with law, and to prevent misuse of Question Basket .
- Disclose. The section above entitled How We Share Your Information discloses that we share your personal information with, service providers, affiliates, law enforcement authorities, and as needed with third parties to provide our services.
We do not collect personal information from consumers that we know are younger than 16 years old.
Requests for Deletion, Copy and Right to Know Your Information. California consumers have the right to make the following requests, which we endeavor to honor from non-California residents as well:
- Deletion. You have the right to request deletion of personal information that we have collected about you.
- Copy and Right to Know. You have the right to request a copy of the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you over the past 12 months, including the categories of information, sources, and purposes of collection, as well as categories of third parties we have shared it with.
- Designated Agent. You may designate an agent to make a request on your behalf. That agent must have access to your account in order for us to verify the request.
You may submit deletion, copy and right to know requests through the online form here. You can also submit a deletion, copy and right to know request by emailing us. You will need access to the email account associated with your Question Basket account in order to verify your identity and complete this process.
Non-Discrimination. Question Basket will not discriminate against you, including by denying or providing a different level or quality of goods or services should you choose to exercise your options under the CCPA.
Your California Privacy Rights under California’s Shine-the-Light Law. California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the types of personal information disclosed to those parties.